RETURNS & EXCHANGE POLICY
LOUIE DANIELE guarantees its products to be made from the finest materials and free from defects in workmanship. “Quality remains when the price is forgotten” earmarks our belief that value is not only influenced by price. But by premium quality that will last onto the next generation.
Our refund & exchange policy has been tailored to ensure flexibility to best serve the needs of our customers.
Refund & Exchange policy
Non-custom made items
LD offers a 7-Days Refund or Exchange on ‘Non-custom made’ items.
Definition : ‘Non-custom made’ item - “Any product which is not -
- considered a standard product option on www.louiedaniele.com or
- product manufactured by appointment of a customer or according to customer specifications.
Definition : ‘Standard product’ item -
“Any product item available for sale directly on www.louiedaniele.com without any design, aesthetic or functional alteration”
Custom made items
We regret, No Refunds or Exchange on custom made items.
Definition : ‘Custom made’ item -“Items manufactured by appointment of a customer, according to a customer design, aesthetic or functional specifications are considered a custom made item”
In terms of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) section 56 (read with section 55), all goods purchased by a consumer are subject to an implied warranty of quality and suppliers can not contract out of this provision. This means that a consumer has the right to receive goods which are:
Of good quality and are reasonably suited for the purpose for which they are intended for.
If within 6 months from date of purchase, the goods purchased at LD (www.louiedaniele.com) are found to be in contravention of the above, a consumer is allowed any of the three R’s:
Take Note: There are two types of returns and refunds:
The ‘change of mind / good will’ refunds -
In terms of these, suppliers/businesses are not obliged to accept the returned goods and refund the consumer. If suppliers/business do honour these it will be out of goodwill.
Those that are imposed by statutes -
Under the CPA, there are certain circumstances under which suppliers/businesses are obligated to accept the returned goods and refund the consumer with their monies.
The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 ("ECT Act") entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not be delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in the LD terms and conditions. The product(s) in question must be returned to www.louiedaniele.com in its original state, including all original documentation. Any such cancellation must be done by via the LD call centre by either calling +27-861-33-33-47 or emailing email@example.com LD will then refund you.
Should a product you have ordered be:
- Temporarily unavailable, LD will notify you thereof as well as the anticipated delay in delivery and, unless you agree to wait for the indicated delayed period for delivery, or accept delivery of another product instead or a credit on your LD account, LD will issue a refund in respect of that product to you;
- Permanently unavailable, LD will notify you and, unless you agree to accept another product instead or a credit on your LD account, LD will issue a refund in respect of that product to you.
- Should you have redeemed a voucher or coupon against a product that is temporarily unavailable and you do not agree to an extended delivery period, or to accept delivery of another product instead, or the product is permanently unavailable and you do not agree to accept another product instead, LD will reissue you with a replacement voucher to the same value, with the same voucher terms and conditions.
If, within 6 months after delivery of a product to you:
- You find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose generally Intended (or otherwise expressly indicated by LD at time of purchase), or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) ("defective"); and -
- You arrange to return such product to LD for inspection in accordance with the returns procedure in clause 7 below, and the product is subsequently found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either -
- (a) be fully refunded, or (b) have the product repaired or replaced at LD’S expense:
- The decision between repairing or replacing being that of LD’s depending on availability and other relevant circumstances, and in this regard you acknowledge that sale / promotional products will usually only be able to be repaired).
- If the product is found NOT to be defective, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to www.louiedaniele.com and then redelivered to you.
- When is a product defective? Please note: the following are examples of things which will NOT be regarded as defects and will NOT entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above: faults resulting from normal wear and tear; damage arising from incorrect usage of the product.
Certain products may come with a supplier’s guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the product listing on the site. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such product listing.
may not under any circumstances return the following:
- Non-defective products that have been "made to order". (You will be notified in the relevant Online site if the products are "made to order".) “Made to order” items are product that are no longer in stock, product that have been discontinued or product that aren’t available in certain metal, gem type, gem size or style size.
- Non-defective products that have been “custom-made” by client instruction. (You will be notified in the relevant Online site if the products are "custom-made") “Custom-made” items are items manufactured by appointment or instruction of a customer, according to a customer design, aesthetic or functional specifications.
- For hygiene reasons, due to their nature: non-defective earrings.
- Products that you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by LD.
Returns and Packaging Information
To return or exchange your gift selection to LD please follow the instructions included with your package.
Or follow the instructions set out below on How to return my package?
Merchandise will be available for refund, or exchange (excluding any shipping charges) providing it is returned in the same saleable condition as when purchased, within 7 days of the date of purchase and if accompanied by the original sales receipt.
Refunds will be issued to the original form of tender.
LD does not accept exchanges or refunds on any promotional, sale, engraved or customised pieces.
If you have any questions please contact Customer Service at +27-861-33-33-47 or firstname.lastname@example.org and a jewellery professional will be on hand to assist you from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Return all the original packaging. You may be liable for the replacement cost of the packaging and collateral material. For example, the diamond certificate is unique and carries a ZAR 1500 to ZAR 4000 replacement fee.
International shipments: Your Invoice will be provided to you in draft form by one of our Diamond and Jewellery Professionals. Please complete and make three copies to expedite processing of your shipment with an international carrier.
Address your package. You will receive the address of a special destination for returns. For security reasons, DO NOT write LOUIE DANIELE or Diamond or Jewellery anywhere on the outside of the box.
Call before returning items. Any unauthorised, improperly packaged, or non-insured packages will be returned to sender. Items that have been damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return.
How to return my package?Return procedure to be followed Log in to myLD Log in to your myLD profile using your e-mail address and password Login here Fill in return form Specify the reason for the return. Specify if you want to receive credit on your account or a refund. For swop outs/exchanges, please call the call centre at +27 86-110-6186 or email us at email@example.com Pack item into box Pack the item(s) in their original packaging into a box to protect the items you are returning
Return / Drop-off the parcel
Our courier will arrange to collect the package from the address you supplied within 3 to 10 days. If your order was sent to you via the post office, you must take the package to a post office of your choice and post it back to the following address:
P.O. Box 307
Within 10 business days of the returned item having been cleared by LD quality, the money will be refunded back to the form of payment you used to pay for the order (either EFT or Credit Card), unless you specified that you want store credit or a swop out.
Processing of credits and refunds
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, such refund shall either be effected on the credit card used to purchase the product, or be deposited into the bank account used in the Electronic Funds Transfer, within 10 business days of the returned item having been cleared by LD quality checking.
Where your LD account has been credited, you will be entitled to use such credit towards other purchases made by you on the site. Do take note, however, that you cannot request that refund the credit on your profile in the form of cash once you opted for the credit option.
If you want to return an item that you paid the full amount for but is now on sale, we will only pay the full amount as credit on your profile and not in the form of cash in your account. If you want a refund, the amount of the reduced price will be paid back
If you redeemed a coupon against your purchase, and wish to return the item(s) from that purchase, the rand value paid for the item(s) being returned will either be refunded or credited to your account. The value of the voucher that was redeemed we will not be refunded to you, or credited to your account. Rather, LD will reissue you with a replacement voucher to the same value, with the same voucher terms and conditions.
LD reserves the right to refuse, in the interest of fraud prevention, processing any payment for any order, and/or to cancel any purchase partially or completely, with notice given to you. LD will be responsible for returning funds for the cancelled portion of the order to you only if you have already paid such funds.